A blocked sewer needs to be fixed fast before it causes any further damage to your home. We have been fixing blocked sewers every day for over 20 years. This means we will diagnose the cause of the blockage quickly, clear it and advise what needs to be done to help avoid further blockages.
How we Will Fix your Blocked Sewer
We will first identify the specific issue causing the the drain to be blocked. We do this by using the latest technology, including CCTV technology. This means we take the guesswork out of diagnosing the problem as we can pinpoint exactly where the blockage is.
If the cause of the blockage is tree roots we will use specialised root cutting tools to unblock the drain. If the blockage is caused by foreign objects in the drain, we will use a jet pressure unit to flush out the debris and clear the pipes.
Finally, we will advise you if there is anything you can do to try and avoid blocked drains in the future
What are the signs you have a blocked sewer?
There are a few signs you need to look out for if you suspect you may have a blocked sewer. These include:
- Gurgling sound when flushing the toilet or draining a sink or bath
- The toilet, sink, bath or shower are draining slower than usual
- Bad odours coming from your bathroom drains
- Structural damage to walls and floors
What are the main causes of blocked sewers?
There are a few main reasons why blockages occur that you should look out for. These include:
- Tree roots are a major cause of blocked drains. This is because trees seek out moisture
- Items being placed into the toilet that should not be. These include feminine hygiene products, paper towels, wet wipes and even thicker types of toilet paper
- Pouring grease down the drain